We're sorry to hear you're having a problem with Surgeon Simulator on PC, let's see if we can get you back to the operating table stat!
Firstly, you should check is that your PC meets our minimum spec to run the game. If you're below this spec you may have all kinds of problems.
- OS: 10.7
- Processor: 2.3GHz Quad Core processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M or better
- Storage: 2500 MB available space
- Additional Notes: 2012 15 inch Macbook Pro or better.
- Controller Advice: For best experience Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, OUYA, Logitech F310, or NVIDIA Shield controller recommended
Here's a useful resource to compare your GPU with our minimum spec.
Secondly, are your GPU drivers up to date? Please refer to your manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your card.
- Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Firstly, please make sure both the game and OSX are updated to the latest version to avoid any compatibility issues.
Launching in Safe Mode will run the game with settings set to minimum and the smallest resolution. This may look awful but it provides a baseline from which you can adjust settings.
Finally, try clearing the game cache to make sure there's no corrupted data causing problems:
- Right click on Surgeon Simulator in your Steam Library
- Select Properties
- Then go to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Allow this to run.
If this does not help try reinstalling the game as a last resort.
Steam also have helpful guides available here: https://support.steampowered.com
Turn off anti virus software or programs known to cause issues with Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289