Please follow the below guide to troubleshoot PC issues including: the game not launching, crashes and performance issues.
Firstly, you should check is that your PC meets our minimum spec to run the game. If you're below this you may have all kinds of problems.
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 or better
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 2500 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX9.0 compatible sound card
- Additional Notes: For best experience Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, OUYA, Logitech F310/F710, Speedlink Strike or NVIDIA Shield controller recommended
Here's a useful resource to compare your GPU with our minimum spec.
Secondly, are your GPU drivers up to date? Please refer to your manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your card.
- Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
Run the game and Steam as an admin
To run the game as an Administrator:
- Right-click I am Bread in your Steam Library
- Select Properties and then the Local Files tab
- Click Browse Local Files
- Locate the game executable (the application)
- Right-click it and go to Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box and click Apply
Once complete, restart Steam and try launching the game again.
To run Steam as an Administrator, find the Steam executable instead (here by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) and follow the same process as above.
You should ensure you have the latest version of DirectX by downloading and installing it here.
When you initially launch I am Bread via Steam you're presented with a few options. These are specifically there to help troubleshoot launch / performance issues.
Launching in Safe Mode will run the game with settings set to minimum and the smallest resolution. This may look awful but it provides a baseline from which you can adjust settings.
Forcing the game run/use OpenGL is also an option particularly if you are receiving display driver issues or low fps.
Also if you are experiencing flickering graphics or low fps try turning off GIF recording in the game's main menu.
Finally, try clearing the game cache to make sure there's no corrupted data causing problems:
- Right click on Surgeon Simulator in your Steam Library
- Select Properties
- Then go to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Allow this to run.
Steam also have helpful guides available here: https://support.steampowered.com
Turn off anti virus software or programs known to cause issues with Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289
As a last resort please try simply reinstalling the game.
Finally, if none of the above helps please make a ticket by clicking the 'Submit a Request' link in the top right of the screen. Be sure to include your full Dxdiag by pressing the Windows+R key, typing "Dxdiag" and then clicking the "save all information" button in the bottom left. This will create a .txt file i'd like you to attach so we can get a complete view of your system.