We're sorry to hear you're having a problem with Thomas Was Alone on PC.
Firstly, you should check is that your PC meets our minimum spec to run the game. If you're below this you may have all kinds of problems.
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: 500 Mhz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- DirectX®: 7.0
- Hard Drive: 400 MB HD space
Here's a useful resource to compare your GPU with our minimum spec.
Secondly, are your GPU drivers up to date? Please refer to your manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your card.
- Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx
- AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
The next thing you can try is running the game with openGL instead of Direct X, which often helps. To do this on Steam you have to
- Right click on the game in your library
- Select Properties
- Click on Set Launch Options
- In the box type (without quotation marks) “-force-OpenGL”
If that doesn’t work it may be worth reducing the game to its minimum settings and resolution to see if your computer can run the game at all. This is useful for setting a baseline to adjust settings from.
- Go to the game in your Steam Library
- Right click and select Properties
- Click on the Local Files tab and select Browse Local Files
- Right click on the .exe file and select Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the 'Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution' box
Try clearing the game cache to make sure there's no corrupted data causing problems:
- Right click on Thomas was Alone in your Steam Library
- Select Properties
- Then go to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Allow this to run.
These tips sometimes help if the game doesn't launch on Windows.
- Switch the game to Windows XP compatibility mode (google the solution for your specific OS)
- Switch off your antivirus software which could be causing the conflict, or whitelist the game. Whitelisting does seem to work in most cases, but not all.
Steam also has helpful guides available here: https://support.steampowered.com
Turn off anti virus software or programs known to cause issues with Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289
As the last resort please try simply reinstalling the game.
Finally, if none of that helps please make a ticket by clicking the 'Submit a Request' link in the top right of the screen. Be sure to include your full Dxdiag by pressing the Windows+R key, typing "Dxdiag" and then clicking the "save all information" button in the bottom left. This will create a .txt file I'd like you to attach so we can get a complete view of your system.