Decksplash Discord Fridays Quickstart Guide
Welcome to the Decksplash Discord Fridays play session! This build is still very much a work in progress, so here’s a guide to how to get to the good stuff. :)
The playtest is currently scheduled for Every Friday from [10:00 PST / 13:00 EST / 18:00 BST / 19:00 CEST] for 2 hours.
Here are the latest patch notes:
The theme this week is Free skate!
- Free Skate is now active for during your match-making.
- The BACK button on your gamepad will now also reset your board
- When you are matchmaking during Free Skate, if the countdown ends whilst the intro pop-up screen is displayed, the game will crash on the loading screen.
- Trucks are appearing as grey in the Loot Box menu (but fine in the Customisation menu)
- Quite a few people are still getting stuck in geometry or stuck upside-down. Press F1 / Back to reset your board. This is just a workaround for now, and we’re looking into detecting and helping you out of these situations hopefully for the next build after this.
- The Landing Zone should only give you the Landing Zone Multiplier when you land your trick within the purple circle. However, intermittently on some maps, the multiplier is happening no matter where you land (when the LZ is open). We are still working on a fix for this.
- Some 3D UI elements appear to have a slightly odd camera angle
- Party bug - rarely you might not be loaded into the same match as the rest of your party. If you leave the party and join up again after the match you’ll usually be able to get in together.
- SFX not playing on level up and loot box screens
We recommend playing the game with a gamepad. It’s possible to play with keyboard too, though.
In the game, controls are shown in the Help section and Options menu. You can remap the controls in the Options menu. The game will auto-detect if you have a gamepad plugged in and display gamepad controls.
Note: the BACK button is now mapped to Reset your board position (if you get stuck)
Note: the F1 key is now mapped to Reset your board position (if you get stuck)
How to play
General help on how to play (and win) the game is available in the Help section of the Main Menu. As the tutorials have been disabled for this test, your best chance it to check the Help guide or watch this video.
Remember, the Landing Zone is your key to regaining control or securing your victory, so go for it when it appears and coordinate with your teammates!
Can I play in today’s session?
Only if you have an existing Decksplash Alpha key, or have requested one here by 5pm BST on Friday before the test. If you missed out on requesting a key in time, never fear, still fill out the form and you can play from next week!
Why didn’t I get a key for previous playtests?
The reason some people might have signed up but not been given a key for the previous Alphas was most likely because they did not have the hardware or live in a region where their connection/performance would be good enough to get the best game experience. We're working on expanding this and opening up more quality settings so more people can play.
What hardware do I need to get the best experience
We will have a build available on Mac, but we can't guarantee you'll have the best time with performance as it hasn't been optimised yet.
These are the minimum Windows specs. If your hardware isn't above these min specs on Windows, or if you're on any Mac at all, we can't guarantee you'll have good performance:
OS: Windows® 7 SP2, Windows 8.1 or later, Windows 10
Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD FX 8350 (or equivalent)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 660 / AMD HD 7900 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX10 compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Controller Recommended
Which region is the test going to be taking place in?
Based on the results of the player survey conducted on the Discord, the server will be in the EU. This is so we can have everyone on the same server throughout the playtest, giving you more chances to find someone to play with. You will also be able to create parties with anyone from anywhere in the world, something that wouldn’t be possible if they were on a separate server.
Thanks for playing, hope you have a blast!
Love Bossa xoxo