Decksplash Discord Test Quickstart Guide
Welcome to the Decksplash Discord Exclusive Playtest! This build is still very much a work in progress, so here’s a guide to how to get to the good stuff. :)
The playtest is currently scheduled for Friday 23rd of June from [10:00 PST / 13:00 EST / 18:00 BST / 19:00 CEST] for 2 hours. The playtest will resume again on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th at the same time slot.
Some Decksplash Devs will be observing in Discord during the playtest hours, but we will mostly be there to direct you to this guide, or step in if there’s a huge technical issue. This guide is a live doc that will be updated with any frequently asked questions throughout the test.
We’re just testing these features for this playtest. We will be having an epic Decksplash Debrief early next week to discuss how the playtest went and answer any questions you have about upcoming game features.
We recommend playing the game with a gamepad. It’s possible to play with keyboard too, though.
In the game, controls are shown in the Help section and Options menu. You can remap the controls in the Options menu. The game will auto-detect if you have a gamepad plugged in and display gamepad controls.
How to play
General help on how to play (and win) the game is available in the Help section of the Main Menu. As the tutorials have been disabled for this test, your best chance it to check the Help guide or watch this video.
Remember, the Landing Zone is your key to regaining control or securing your victory, so go for it when it appears and coordinate with your teammates!
Why didn’t I get a key for previous playtests?
The reason some people might have signed up but not been given a key for the previous Alphas was most likely because they did not have the hardware or live in a region where their connection/performance would be good enough to get the best game experience. We're working on expanding this and opening up more quality settings so more people can play.
What hardware do I need to get the best experience?
We will have a build available on Mac, but we can't guarantee you'll have the best time with performance as it hasn't been optimised yet.
These are the minimum Windows specs. If your hardware isn't above these min specs on Windows, or if you're on any Mac at all, we can't guarantee you'll have good performance:
OS: Windows® 7 SP2, Windows 8.1 or later, Windows 10
Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD FX 8350 (or equivalent)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 660 / AMD HD 7900 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX10 compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Controller Recommended
Which region is the test going to be taking place in?
Based on the results of the player survey conducted on the Discord, the server will be in the EU. This is so we can have everyone on the same server throughout the playtest, giving you more chances to find someone to play with. You will also be able to create parties with anyone from anywhere in the world, something that wouldn’t be possible if they were on a separate server.
Why are Training, Challenges and Shop greyed out?
We have been working hard on these features, rest assured, however we wanted this Discord test to focus mainly on the new game mode. So, since we’ve only got 2 hour slots, we have taken away menu options that would distract you from playing online with everyone.
When will we be able to customise our decks? When will feature ____ be available?
As always, we love hearing your suggestions, and will be holding a Decksplash Debrief early next week to discuss the playtest and the future of the game. We’re going to avoid discussing these features during the playtest so everyone can stay focused on the game mode as it currently is.
- The Landing Zone asset is smaller than the area you can actually land in to get a combo. So you will be able to get a Landing Zone bonus even if you land slightly outside the zone itself!
- Sometimes your party will get into a match before you have joined the party. If this happens, just wait for the next match, or leave the party and play without them. :)
- If you get a drop in framerate, try the following:
- Clicking the back button on the Options screen might not save any changed settings. It will always save if you leave the options by pressing B on a gamepad or Escape on your keyboard.
- If during a match your board gets stuck or you cannot move for any reason, press F1 on the keyboard. This will respawn you at the position you started the match at.
- PS4 controllers (Dualshock 4) sometimes aren’t able to pause using the OPTIONS button. Please use Escape on the keyboard instead.
- To create a fairer environment for all our users, we have added the Easy Anticheat wrapper (used in titles like Rust and For Honor). Please allow it to safely install on your PC in order to play.
Thanks for playing, hope you have a blast!
Love Bossa xoxo