This particular error is a catch-all message which encompasses several different problems. It usually indicates a server side issue which cannot be resolved through standard troubleshooting. Unfortunately, a profile reset is usually required at this point to fix the problem - this will result in a loss of all progress made on a particular server.
In order for us to investigate this issue we'll need some information from you. Please include this when creating a support ticket.
- Steam Profile URL:
- Location you're playing from:
- Server you're connecting to:
- Internet connection speed (http://www.speedtest.net/):
- Have you been able to connect previously:
- What were you doing before this happened:
Now we also need some logs from your PC:
- Press the Windows Key and R together - this will open up the 'Run' program (a little box in the bottom left of your screen.)
- Type "Dxdiag" and then click OK or press Enter on your keyboard.
- Select the Display tab.
- Note the name and manufacturer of your card in the top left corner of the window.
- Right click on Worlds Adrift Alpha in your Steam Library
- Select Properties > Local Files Tab
- Browse Local Files
- We need the latest ‘client’ txt file. Copy this and paste it to your desktop/documents
- Navigate to UnityClient@Windows_Data
- Locate a file called ‘output.log’. Include this too!