Note: If you need help with a connection issue please make sure you read and follow all the instructions to make sure we can assist you as quickly as possible. Missing logs will be asked for by our customer support representatives slowing down the process.
Please be aware that if you are using third-party overclocking software: particularly MSI Afterburner and/or Rivera Tuner Statistics it may cause a crash on launch.
- If you're a previous Alpha tester make sure you are launching the 'Worlds Adrift' app and not the 'Worlds Adrift Alpha' app.
- Restart Steam and try running the game and/or Steam as an admin
- Check that the game is allowed to pass through your firewall/proxy.
- Simply try restarting your PC and router.
- Install any updates to your software / Windows.
If you've never been able to connect and still can't we have some ports for you to try opening. Most people allow all outbound traffic by default but some strict firewalls may block this.
Please try allowing outbound ports 444 (tcp), 8000-9000 (tcp/udp) and 50000-60000 (tcp/udp). Be aware these are OUTBOUND ports not the normal inbound ports that most games use.
- Disable your anti-virus (particularly relevant if you get any 'deployment' related error message.
- If this does not work uninstall your anti-virus completely (if this step fixes the issue we need to know the make/version of your anti-virus to work with them in getting this resolved.)
- Note: If you are using F-Secure you will need to either disable all services associated with the software or uninstall it completely. (Contact support if you need assistance with this.)
- Finally, if you can hear sounds of the game but can only see the connecting screen, try pressing F4 to remove it. See this guide for more information.
- Verify the integrity of the game cache.
- Right click on Worlds Adrift in your Steam Library
- Select Properties
- Then go to the Local Files tab and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache
- Allow this to run.
2. Also you may need to repair certain files in your installation:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Worlds Adrift Alpha_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015
- Try repairing the both versions.
- Restart your PC
- Try to reconnect
3. Reinstall the game completely.
If none of the above helped we'll need more information in order to investigate this further. Please note: these investigations can sometimes take a while and if you're not in the mood to wait refunding the game may be a preferable option for you:
- A screenshot of the error? (if you receive one)
- What build is your game? (found in the bottom right of the screen)
- At what stage to you experience the problem?
- Have you been able to connect previously?
- What were you doing before this happened?
- Location you're playing from?
- Server you're connecting to?
- Internet connection speed: (http://www.speedtest.net/):
- Can you attach your logs? (Right click the game in your library, Properties, Local files, Browse Local Files, both the client.log file there and the output_log.txt inside the UnityClient@Windows_Data subfolder) If the log files are very big, zipping them up should reduce them to almost nothing.